With over 25 years of legal experience, Attorney Boerger is aware of many significant issues related to the formation and operation of businesses and how to best structure an enterprise for your benefit.
When you are deciding about hiring a business attorney, you should consider the following questions.
Are you tired of going into Boston to obtain your legal services?
Do you feel that you are getting the timely service from your business attorney to operate your business effectively?
Are you looking for an attorney who is available and willing to work with you as you manage and grow your business?
Would you like to have an attorney on your staff but don’t have enough legal work to justify a full-time position?
Are you looking for an attorney with 25+ years of legal experience in a variety of areas who can assist you in meeting the challenges you face very day?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, we invite you to call to set up a no-cost 60 minute consultation so I can learn more about your business and discuss how we can help you with your legal needs.
During these challenging economic times it is more important than ever to have an established relationship with a legal advisor who can assist you in navigating the many situations that you face as a business owner.
You deserve high-quality legal services delivered in a timely manner. I strive to provide all business clients with the timely and effective communication of practical legal advice you can use.
The services that Attorneys Boerge has provided over the years include:
- Advise individuals regarding the need to form a legal entity including a corporation, partnership or limited liability company;
- Advice regarding the advantages and disadvantages of the various entities if it is determined that there is a need for a separate legal entity;
- Advised clients regarding the advantages and disadvantage of selling/buying the assets of a company versus the stock of a company;
- Formation of Massachusetts corporations and limited liability companies including preparation of full corporate records;
- Advise corporate entities on general legal matters including contract reviews and lease matters; serving in the capacity of general counsel for companies that don’t have their own full time attorney;
- Assisting in the conversation of shareholder debt to equity to improve the balance sheet position and put the company in a better position to obtain bank financing;
- Prepare employee stock option plans and option agreements with key employees; and
- Advise shareholders of the need for stock purchase agreements for closely held companies and the need to consider an exit strategy when starting a new business. Key areas for consideration include the possible death or disability of a shareholder and what happens to his or her shares and the ongoing operations of the company.
Anyone with some basic computer skills can log onto the website for the Massachusetts Secretary of State and in a matter of a few minutes form either a corporation or a limited liability company. However, the simple formation of a legal entity does not provide much protection if well-thought-out by-laws (corporation) or an operating agreement (LLC) are not in place and the business is operated in the correct manner. Working with an experienced attorney in the formation stages of an entity can save significant of money and turmoil. In addition, every business can benefit from establishing an ongoing relationship with an attorney to provide counsel for significant issues and developments as they arise.
In addition to working with for-profit corporations, Attorney Boerger has also worked in setting up nonprofit corporations for a variety of different reasons. The process of incorporating a not-for-profit corporation is just the first step in determining what other actions are required. Is your non-profit organization required to file an annual return with the Attorney General’s office? Would your organization qualify for tax exempt status under the Internal Revenue Code? What are the advantages of obtaining tax exempt status under I.R.C. 501(c)(3)? Our team has worked with organizations for over 15 years in helping them obtain their tax exemption under I.R.C. 501(c)(3) and would welcome the opportunity to work with your nonprofit organization.